Saturday, September 8, 2007

Lesson in buying online from ebay

I am used to buy from ebay as the price there is really attractive and cost effective. The excellent experience I had was buying a second-hand NC4200 compaq laptop for half of what the brand new one costs. That laptop still works in very good condition and I am pretty satisfied with that buy offine.



But recently I am so disappointed to buy a second-hand Sony HDR-HC3 1080i handycam wihout important components. When I got package from the seller from ebay, I am trying to operate it but failed as this is my first time to use the handycam which is very professional and complext. So I viewed the guild for the handycam but found that two supplied components were missing from the package. Then I checked the discription of the item on eBay provided by the seller, yeah, he didn't mention those components as the part of his product. He was honest for the description of his product as he didn't lie anyhing to me. But he didn't tell me something behind the face, he held back some important details from the buyers.



The lesson I got here is that before we buy an expensive product from eBay, we'd better know all the officially supplied component from the vendor and then check whether the seller provides these componenets. Or even better, we can borrow the product from a friend and ask the friend to teach us how to operate it in very details of each aspect so that we know which component is indispensable.

No comments: